Introduction: (0:00 to 0:43)
Continued from last week’s podcast.
Main Culprits to Health and Weight Issues: (0:44 – 6:00)
- The “Four Whites:”
- It is unavoidable but do your best, opting for fine chocolates over candy if possible (Lindt, Ritter, etc.)
- Harvard Medical School: Eating too much added sugar increases the risk of dying with heart disease
- 11 Weird Things Sugar’s Doing To Your Body
- It is everywhere and in almost every type of processed food.
- Harvard: Health Risks and Disease Related to Salt and Sodium
- White Rice
- The least worst of the four but refining calls into question the nutritional value and long term health effects.
- White rice is not bad but it’s generally better to opt for whole grain rice which includes the outer shell, high in fiber.
- Is Rice Healthy For Me? Does White vs Brown Rice Matter?
- White Rice
- Bottom line – the less processed the food the better.
The Need for Processed Food Taxation (6:00 – 7:08)
- I break from most all conservatives on this matter.
- Obesity, diabetes, and depression as a national crisis, killing the spirit of our nation.
- Mapping the Obesity Crisis in America
- Obesity making it difficult to field an army
- Therefore, I agree with Michael Bloomberg on:
- Soda and Sugar taxes,
- Calories printed on the menu and better labeling.
My Diet and Exercise Regiment: (7:09 – 11:27)
- A lot of fish (salmon, trout, cod, etc.)
Skrei cod (fish)
- Potatoes and wild rice.
- Vegetables: Broccoli, Carrots, and Asparagus.
- Fruits: Apple, Oranges, and Apples daily.
- Only grass-fed steaks.
- Although I like bacon, it is processed and not all that good for you.
- Toe Raises
- Chair Dips
- Flutter Kicks
- Neck Exercises
Nordic Track Ski Machine
This is by far the best exercise, burning up to 500 calories an hour.
- Centrum Multi-Vitamin
- Calcium Citrate with D3
- Fish Oil (Omega 3)
- Vitamin K2
Countering the Libertarian Argument (11:28 – 18:13)
- “The Jungle” by Upton Sinclair.
- It is a story about 1900s Chicago and the abuses of the food industry
- There is a passage, I remember from high school, about the animal parts that were recovered from the drains being packaged and sold as canned meat.
- Private sector lobbying and intense marketing is like privatized propaganda.
- McLibel and other McDonalds court cases.
- We the People Created Governments, delegating this responsibility,
- Protect us from enemies both foreign and domestic
- Secure our food and water supply
- Our tap water should be cleaner than Evian.
- Here in Norway the Water is so clean, that coco cola doesn’t even filter it. It’s the only country where they don’t filter the water.
- Moreover, anti-trust, ensuring free flow of information and marketplace competition falls under the government’s prevue
- The Government is an extension ourselves, acting as a counter-force to food monopolies.
Wrap Up: (18:14 – 21:08)
- To fix the health care crisis, we need to ask ourselves what is making us sick.
- Regulation and taxation on crappy food and sugary beverages is the right thing to do. This is where we need socialism.
- Unrealized American potential.
- Health is wealth.