Introduction (0:00 – 1:36)
- Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a nutritionist. I am only sharing my experiences.
- Compare and contrast healthcare and nutrition in both America and Norway.
Lessons from Norway (1:37 – 5:53)
- One of the most positive experiences, living in Norway, has been the transformation in my health and well-being.
- Back in the USA, I was overwhelmed with junk food.
- Stress eating from a demanding job and anxiety about what the future will bring caused me to gain massive amounts of weight.
- When I went back to visit, you could feel that Waffle House and Chinese Food, sucking the life out of you.
- It turns out that most issues in life can be cured by eating properly, drinking a lot of water, and light exercise.
Doctor Visits (05:54 – 12:32)
- Why Are People Going to the Doctor in the First Place?
- According to the Mayo Clinic in 2013, these were the top reasons for doctor’s visits. ( put them on my show notes)
- Skin disorders;
- Osteoarthritis and joint disorders;
- Back problems;
- Cholesterol problems;
- Upper respiratory conditions, excluding asthma;
- Anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder;
- Chronic neurologic disorders;
- High blood pressure;
- Headaches and migraines; and
- Most doctor visits can be attributed to a diet or exercise related issue:
- Junk food vs. health food prices in Norway. Is that by design?
- Wasa Crisp Bread suggested instead of plain white and wheat bread.
- My doctor visit experience in Norway.
We Can’t Have It Both Ways (12:33 – 13:53)
- Do we get to eat whatever we want while living a sedentary lifestyle, expecting government-backed affordable health care?
- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Industrialized Food Sector (13:54 – 19:22)
- The food industry is one of the strongest lobby groups out there.
- The need for regulation of the food industry.
A typical industrial chicken coop in America
- The only difference between regular chicken and organic chicken:
- The reality for farmers who truly produce healthy chicken.
Wrap Up – (19:23 – 21:02)